Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lost in translation...

A delightful email from the folks sending me some linear motion bearings.  I have parenthetically responded to add a little levity to this already amusing epistle:

We are excited to inform you that our Mr. Pigeon has started off and covered 25% of its journey. As stated in our auction, the shipment will take about 10-25 days during the delivery. Please be patient and wait for the arrival of your lovely item. 
(Actually, there are 10 of them, and I have little other choice than patiently waiting.  I suppose I could jump up and down, but what good will that do me?  Also, you might consider how PETA will react to your forcing a pigeon to carry nearly a dozen stainless steel bearings. On second thought, the western world is concerned about how China treats it's own people. So I suppose birds that have been pressed into service as beasts of burden aren't really on PETA's radar.)

(Notice: Since the air cargo capacity of China Post has been impacted due to a high volume of items, there might be a delayed shipment of some items.  So if unfortunately you haven't received the item within the expected time, please be patient and wait for some more days. Thanks for your kind understanding.)
(I'm a little suspicious that the air cargo capacity of the Chinese postal service is impacting the delivery date of my bearings.  If the air cargo capacity actually is the cause, I'd advise not using pigeon delivery.  My guess is you forgot to fill my order or mail it in a timely fashion.)


Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact us via 'eBay Message'. We will try our best to assist you to resolve the challenges facing ASAP. 
(Though this might provide for entertainment, while I wait, I doubt anything can be gained from further communication.  If my bearings never arrive then I shall be contacting eBay for a refund.)

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to share with you our products. We strongly believe that quality, blended with excellent service, is the foundation for successful business. 
(Telling me my stuff will arrive later than I had expected, when I have no expectations is not what I'd call "excellent service".  In fact I doubt the bearings will be very high quality, I purchased them because they were dirt cheap and everyone else wanted 10 times as much for the same damn thing.)

Yours Faithfully Seller, 
itechcool

No comments:

Post a Comment